Call back Form
Veritas Saas Backup for Gsuite
Veritas Technologies, a leader in multi-cloud data management, today announced Veritas Data Protection and Governance for G Suite, a comprehensive array of offerings that offer Google G Suite customers new ways to visualize, archive and recover their data.
The offerings are comprised of Veritas SaaS Backup, a new hosted cloud-to-cloud backup solution for G Suite data protection and recovery, as well as Veritas Information Map and Veritas Enterprise Vault.cloud, solutions that make it a snap to analyze file metadata within G Suite and execute compliance-driven retention and eDiscovery workflows for G Suite email.
Together, these offerings build on Google Cloud’s robust productivity and collaboration tools by providing customers with additional data protection and governance capabilities.
End-to-end data management in the cloud
- The timing of this announcement comes as more businesses are turning to cloud infrastructure and applications to store, analyze, and manage vast amounts of data in an efficient and scalable way. According to IDC’s Worldwide Semiannual Public Cloud Services Spending Guide, Software as a Service (SaaS) will be the largest cloud computing category in 2018, capturing nearly two thirds of all public cloud spending this year.1
- At the same time, as highlighted in The Truth in Cloud study recently conducted by Veritas, it’s critical that organizations understand the role they play in ensuring that data in the cloud is protected and adheres to strict compliance regulations, including the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), which took effect on May 25, 2018.
Additional data protection and backup across the G Suite platform
- Veritas SaaS Backup is a unified software as a service solution that ties together backup, search and restore capabilities in a single user interface across the G Suite ecosystem. This new solution offers customers the following benefits:
- Support for the G Suite ecosystem of offerings: Veritas SaaS Backup delivers a data protection and recovery solution that spans G Suite, including Gmail, Google Drive, Google Team Drive and Google Sites.
- Granular search and restore capabilities: Customers can easily preview, locate and restore the exact file, anywhere, any time and on any device.
- Reliable, automated data protection: Customers can help prevent the risk of losing data with automated features that make and retain data copies in multiple locations. Data is automatically backed up every six hours to help ensure comprehensive protection.
- Easy, hassle-free set-up process: Veritas SaaS Backup quickly links to the user’s G Suite online accounts. As a cloud hosted solution, no additional investment or on-premises installation of infrastructure or software is required, and users can add and manage new accounts without costly upgrades on technology, infrastructure or administration.